- How can we develop effective goal scorers from set pieces in youth football?
- Exploring England’s curious use of deep full-backs in build up play
- How can we coach players to drive with the ball effectively?
- Chelsea pull out Manchester City’s back four in the Champions League final
- Bringing a game model to life using the FFA National Curriculum as a case study
- Analysis of Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool defensive system
- Asian Cup 2019, Match Analysis: Australia 0-1 Jordan
- Detailing Maurizio Sarri’s game model in possession, and Chelsea’s current issues
- Thomas Tuchel bringing skill acquisition theory to life at PSG
Who is Tim?
I am a coach, teacher and analyst who has worked in a variety of leadership roles across football and education. I am profoundly deaf, with cochlear implants.
Currently, I work at North West Sydney Football (including Spirit and Koalas FC, a representative club and local association. I also support the Pararoos, Australia’s national team for cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury and stroke.
Here, I write about football & player development, with the aim of ‘becoming a better coach’